Thursday 28 November 2013

The 1940s: The Wet Set

Today's post is going to be on the importance of correctly setting the hair to then go into creating the perfect pin up hair do. 
In this case I will be using the smallest size foam rollers, on wet hair, this is called the wet set. I do this on freshly washed DAMP hair, I can't emphasise the damp part enough. If the hair is too wet and you are leaving the hair to set overnight when you take the rollers out in the morning it will still be damp causing the curls to drop. 

I use a setting lotion on each section of hair before I put the roller in, it ensures my curl will last the longest, and too hold it's shape. The setting lotion I use is from Superdrug and it's £2.19 and is the extra firm hold. 


As for putting the rollers in I don't have a set way of doing it.
I take a section from my parting down to the top of my ear, and I do this at both sides and I can for in four rollers. 


When I've done this at both sides I then do this all the way round until I reach the other side and by this time all my hair will be in rollers.


To keep your rollers intact if you choose to set overnight I would suggest wearing a scarve over them while you sleep! 

Hope you enjoyed today's past, there will be another post tomorrow showing the correct method of dressing out the curls to create your desired hair do. 
Thank you for reading, Sophie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment