Monday 11 November 2013

REVIEW: Revlon colorstay foundation

Sorry I missed yesterday guys, was very busy so I will do an extra review next Monday too! 

Today I will be reviewing revlon colorstay foundation. I've always had an issue with drugstore foundations because I'm so pale, either the lightest is still to dark, or they are far too pale and make me look super washed out. So I was amazed when this colour was absolutely perfect for me! I used to use NW18 in MAC studio fix fluid, so I used www.findation.com to see what colour I would be I'm the colorstay. This website is amazing and super easy to use. The website suggested I should be 150 buff. I went into my local boots and low and behold it was the perfect shade. It retails at £12.49 in my drugstore and come in two different formulations, one for combo/oily skin and one for normal/dry skin, because I was so excited at the perfect colour match I picked up the wrong one for normal/dry skin, but it still worked as well, I recently re purchased in the combo/oily in the same shade and the formulation is so much better, I feel I get a better coverage from this and it's not to runny.

I tried so many different ways to apply this foundation, but my favourite is either to use the beauty blender or a flat top kabuki brush. I would say work fast with this because it does have a tendency to dry quickly therefore making it harder to blend. I use this along with the revlon photo finish primer and Rimmel stay matte powder. It's a full coverage foundation, so if you prefer more a sheer cover then this isn't for you. 

I'm now on my second bottle since September and I haven't purchased my MAC foundation or powder since. I am drugstore foundation convert! 



I urge you all to try this, I understand it's not for everyone but I love it, and I feel others may too. 

Thank you for reading, check back tomorrow for more reviews! 

Sophie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment