Friday 18 October 2013

TAG: the beauty blogger/getting to know me.

1. Is your hair natural curly or straight?
My hair has a mind of its own, when it's short, it's straight limp and lifeless but now I've grown it to shoulder length it's a curly/wavy texture when it's left to dry on its own. 

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I used to work in a salon, so I would usually get it cut there. But when it comes to dying I've always done it myself  even before I don't my training I had a rough idea of what I was doing, but once I knew the ins and outs there for no stopping, my hair is something I've always been very experimental with. 

3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
If we’re talking about a majority of the year, I mainly wear it down now it's grown a lot. I've just recently cut in Bettie bangs, so I'm still fining out which styles look best with it, although I'm quite into curly hair and up dos.

4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
Yes, I do my own mani/pedi. I just find it easier that way, and I learned to do it at college so why pay someone else to do it when I can do it myself. I change my nails to often and it would cost a fortune haha. 

5. How often do you change your nail polish?
When I’m not busy, I change my nail polish every 1-2 weeks. It makes me really uneasy seeing chipped polish on myself and other people. 

6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just in the summer?
Both. I've worn nail polish on my toes for years, they look funny without now. Not a month goes by when my tootsies aren't looking pristine.

7. How long does it take for you to put on your makeup?
If I’m rushing, then 15-30 minutes. But If I've given myself a while to get ready, hair make up and outfit probably around 3 hours. 

8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Generally day to day make up I do my face first. But if I'm going on a night out and I know I will be using shadows with a lot of fall out, then I do eyes first. 

9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
Recently, I’ve been collecting more makeup than I should. But I try not to go too crazy, and refrain to buying what I really need. Other things I've had for years and I've never used them. My downfall is palettes and lipstick, I hoard them like no other. 

10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I used to wear them everyday without fail but now I've weaned myself off and I've started wearing them for nights out which has saved me a lot of money. 

11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
 Uhh, not everyday if I'm not going anywhere, but if I have something planned like nipping to the shop then yes. 

12. Do you wear makeup when your home alone, or with family?
If I’m with family outside, then yeah I put it on. But if I’m home alone, no makeup for me! The feeling of no makeup when your home alone is amaaaaazing.

13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
No. Never I probably should stop but I just don't feel comfortable.

14. How many high-end products do you have?
Honestly, I have quite a lot. I don't use them enough for how much I paid for them. 

15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
I wish I planned my OOTD every night. I keep telling myself to, but I just end up getting really tired and sleeping instead. So every morning is a struggle and going through the " I have nothing to wear " tantrum.

16. How often do you change your handbag?
Well, not too often. My handbag is the most organised item I own.

17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
I tend to be in bed by 10.30 and get up before 9.

18. How often or when do you workout?
I never usually work out. I walk a lot and I'm trying to eat better. 

19. Left handed or right handed?
Right handed .

20. How tall are you?
5 foot 8 inches.

21. Do you speak any foreign language?
I can speak some french.

22. How many pets do you have?
None.

23. How often are you on blogger?
All the time, constantly checking to see if any of my favouraite bloggers have posted.

24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Unless they are mines hope.

25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Yes, I do! I’ve got it all on my Notepad!

26. How did you come up with your Blog name?
Funny story really, Jayne and I had been discussing a dressing table in the bedroom and she was like is that not called a vanity, and that's how the name Sophie's vanity came about.

27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
My iPhone 4S.

28. How often do you clean your house?
I do a big clean once a week and try to tidy up after myself as much as I can.

29. What’s your favorite color?
I don’t have one! Honest to God, I really don’t. Would have to be between sea green, red and well black of course.

30. Do you swear?
Okay I’m not going to lie. I do sometimes. But I’m really trying hard not to. It’s not very lady like. Just one of those things that you can't help.

31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
I am, going to continue to look after Jayne since she's sick, have dinner and watch hollyoaks and probably have a bath! 


I this post I tag Taylor @ www.taylorscollectionn.blogspot.co.uk

Thank you for reading! 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Remember to keep checking back for new posts, follow me on twitter for updated @shutupsoafyy xxx

      Delete